Thursday, June 21, 2012

Super Simple Banana Soft Serve

Being dairy free during the summer is the pits. 

So when I'm craving something cold and refreshing and my signature Cherry Coke Slurpee from the 7-11 down the street isn't cutting it what is a girl to do?

I just found my answer.  While cruising the blog-o-verse I found the 5th annual Ice Cream Cupcake Contest.  So how to create an Ice Cream Cupcake with out ice cream...

Well, I'm not going to give you all the answers (yet!) but this Banana Soft Serve really scratched that ice cream itch I've been having. 

Below is the recipe for my simple soft serve.  This amazing concoction will top my cupcakes (recipe to come later)

Recipe:
(makes about 3 cups or so)

3 frozen bananas cut up into pieces
1/4-1/3 cup milk of choice (I used vanilla Almond milk*)
Mix-ins (optional)**
Food Processor or High Powered Blender

1) Cut up the banana into pieces, put in a container/plastic bag/aluminum foil/whatever you have and freeze.
2) Take banana out and put into food processor or blender.
3) Start mixing.
4) Drizzle milk in slowly until desired consistency is obtained.
5) Enjoy.***

*The vanilla almond milk added a little vanilla flavor and some sweetness.  You could always add some more vanilla or a little sugar if you used plain milk.  Chocolate milk would be awesome as well. 
**You could add any sort of toppings or add-ins you want...walnuts, frozen strawberries, chocolate chips, etc. Just mix them in. 
***If you want it to firm up, put it in an air tight container and stick it back in the freezer for a few hours. 

For the baby: To make this recipe baby friendly instead of milk you could use juice or breast milk/formula.  This would be great for when the baby is teething, something healthy and soothing for their poor little gums. 

No comments:

Post a Comment